Financing from Japan, the ADB-JSP will enroll 300 students for its member countries. The Scholarship will cover in the postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. This scholarships Provides full scholarships for one to two years.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP). For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB - Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Gained admission to an approved masters or doctoral programme at an approved academic institution.
- A bachelors degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- In good health.
- Eligible applicants should agree to return to their home country after completion of studies under the programme.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programmes, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
The University of Aucland
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Master of Commerce (International Business)
- Masters programmes in Engineering